I can’t seem to shake this attraction to red. I mentioned in my last blog about the root chakra so I figured I’d do a post about that as well as ways to help achieve balance in your root chakra. Maintaining balance of all of your chakras at the same time is the ideal situation but life, love and the rest of the crap we have to deal with gets in the way. Just when I’m feeling all warm and fuzzy, chakras aligned, meditation on point, yoga a daily part of my routine….. POW some asshole knocks me off my square. Maybe I need to ground and root myself more. 🤔
Read more about grounding yourself on Peirsac.org 🌎:
Grounding is a technique that helps keep someone in the present. They help reorient a person to the here-and-now and in reality. Grounding skills can be helpful in managing overhelming feelings or intense anxiety. They help someone to regain their mental focus from an often intensely emotional state.
Here’s another great list of grounding techniques from HealthyPlace.com 🌎 :
- Bring up today’s newspaper on the web, notice the date. Read something fun!
- Breathe slowly and steadily from your core. Imagine letting fear and worry go, evaporating along with each breath.
- Trace your hands against the physical outline of your body. Experience your own presence in the world.
- Call a friend and have a chat.
- If you are feeling ‘stuck’, change how you’re positioned. Wiggle your fingers, tap your feet. Pay attention to the movement: You are in control of what your body is doing, right here and now. (See website their website for more! There are 21 techniques listed.)
From MedtitativeMind.com 🌎:
If your root chakra is under-active you may feel disconnected from the world around you, including from your body. You will feel disorganized and consequently this will reflect in your world. You will lack focus and discipline and you may even become afraid, anxious or restless in your daily interactions. You will probably experience a lack of stamina, depression or desire to do or to want anything out of life. You will have trouble obtaining financial security and you will find yourself with no, or very little boundaries.
Five yoga poses to balance your root chakra from YogaTravelTree.com 🌎:
Stay blessed and balanced! Namaste 🙏❤️🕉